The grade 4/5 students have been busy working on an exciting global project with Mrs Yollis’ class in California, USA.

Landmarks Project logo Yollis Morris

This is how the project worked:

• Students worked collaboratively to create a video in the style of a tourism commercial that shows off some of the the wonderful landmarks across their nation.
  • Working with a partner, students researched facts about their landmark and came up with ways to make their segment informative, persuasive, and entertaining.
  • After creating a script and rehearsing, students filmed their segment using green screen technology with their landmark in the background.
  • The segments were put together into a class video .

Our Video

Take a look at our work!

Scroll down to find a wonderful comment from Mrs Yollis’ students.

Video From Mrs Yollis’ Class

Now it’s time to head over to Mrs Yollis’ class blog to check out her wonderful video. You can take a tour of the US without even leaving home or school!

Mrs Yollis’ students are about to start their summer holidays but they’d still love to hear from you. Leave them a comment!

Tip: There seems to be an issue with commenting from Safari on iPads. Maybe try another browser like Chrome or try a computer if you have one!

Mrs Yollis' class blog