Internet safety is extremely important to us.
Through blogging, the students at Torquay Coast Primary School have the opportunity to learn about appropriate online behaviours in an authentic and supervised setting.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students when blogging:
What will be included on the blog?
- Students’ first names, photos, work, video, and school name MAY be included on the blog.
- Student names WILL NOT be matched with their photo/video.
- Students’ surnames, address, email address, phone number, specific plans, date of birth, and other personal information WILL NOT be included on the blog.
- Others’ work, images, music, or videos will not be used without permission and attribution.
- Students, families, and the wider education community are encouraged to comment on the blog.
- All comments have to be approved by Mrs Morris before they are included on our blog.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. E.g. Please identify yourself in comments as “Jane – Sally’s mum” rather than “Jane Brown – Sally’s mum”.
- All commenters must be polite, respectful, and courteous.
- Please check out our How to Comment page for more advice about commenting.
Requests for families and the community
- Parents are asked to proofread comments that students at home.
- All members of the community are asked to let our teachers know if they feel like any of our guidelines have been breached or if they have any further questions.